Great Britain: Laws
British Boxing Legislation, Rules, & Regulations
- 1743-08-16: Jack Broughton and others create Broughton’s Rules.
- 1814: The Pelican Club is organized.
- 1828: The Fair Play Club is organized.
- 1838: The London Prize Ring Rules are adopted, as revised by the British Pugilistic Association.
- 1853: The London Prize Ring Rules are revised.
- 1865: The Marquess of Queensberry Rules are adopted.
- 1866: The London Prize Ring Rules are revised again.
- 1880: The Amateur Athletic Association is formed.
- 1891: National Sporting Club formed.
- 1909: National Sporting Club establishes weight classes and awards Lonsdale Belts.
- 1911-03-18: Prizefighters in Britain organize a Boxers' Union. 
- 1929: British Board of Boxing Control formed.
See also, British Boxing History.