Gu Yu (born June 12, 1983) is a Chinese amateur boxer who qualified for the 2008 Olympics in his native country at Bantamweight 54 kg. He is from Liaoning Province.
At the Asian Games 2006 the southpaw was upset in the first round. At the 2007 world championships he reached the quarter finals where he lost to Joe Murray. In 2009 he again reached the quarterfinal at the world championships, losing to Irish boxer John Joe Nevin.
World amateur championship results
2007 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Naoto Uebayashi (Japan) RSCO 3
- Defeated Huseyin Dundar (Turkey) 24-16
- Defeated Mirzhan Rakhimzhanov (Kazakhstan) 25-8
- Lost to Joe Murray (England) 11-14 (quarterfinal)
2009 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Claudio Marrero Guzman (Dominican Republic) 10-5
- Defeated Veaceslav Gojan (Moldova) 13-2
- Defeated McJoe Arroyo (Puerto Rico) 10-3
- Lost to John Joe Nevin (Ireland) 5-7 (quarterfinal)
Olympic games results
2008 (as a bantamweight)