Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Juan Noriega
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2009-05-22 : Guillermo Rigondeaux 122¼ lbs beat Juan Noriega 120½ lbs by TKO at 1:09 in round 3 of 4
- Location: Fontainbleau Hotel, Miami Beach, Florida, USA
- Referee: Samuel Burgos
- Judge: Bill Ray
- Judge: John Rupert
- Judge: Rocky Young
Aired On: ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Professional debut for the 2-time Olympic Gold Medalist Rigondeaux.
- Fight was on the undercard of Richard Gutierrez vs. Antwone Smith.
- Noriega took the fight on three days notice.
- Although he didn't maintain a busy punch volume, Rigondeaux still landed telling shots. Noriega barely countered Rigondeaux's punches and the referee found the opportunity to stop the fight after Rigondeaux connected with a solid right to the head.