Héctor Manzanilla Rangel (b.June 28, 1985 in Los Teques, Miranda Province) is a Venezuelan featherweight boxer who has won a bronze medal at the Central American Games. He is most respected for giving amateur superstar Guillermo Rigondeaux one of the toughest fights of his career.
At the Central American Games 2006 he lost to Mexican Arturo Santos Reyes in the semis.
At the ALBA Games in May 2007 in his home country he gave two-time Olympic champion who was coming into this fight on a 96 bout winning streak since 2003 one of his toughest fights losing only on countback +8:8 (36:38). (The 5:0 score on Rigondeaux's amateur record is misleading, all five judges voted for him).
He didn't participate in the Pan-Am Games 2007.
At the 2007 World Amateur Boxing Championships where he lost to Enkhbatyn Badar-Uugan in the quarterfinal he qualified for the Olympics.
As of 2007 his record is 179-15.
2008 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Issah Samir (Ghana) 13-10
- Defeated Han Soon-Chul (South Korea) 17-6
- Lost to Bruno Julie (Mauritius) 9-13
World amateur championship results
2007 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Elshan Ismailov (Azerbaijan) 33-17
- Defeated Mohammad Rezkalla (Egypt) 29-13
- Defeated Maxim Tretyak (Ukraine) 34-21
- Lost to Enkhbat Badar-Uugan (Mongolia) RSCI 3
2009 (as a featherweight)
- Lost to Azat Hovhannisyan (Armenia) 7-24