Name: Hassan Chitsaz
Alias: Asesino/The Iranian Assassin
Born: 1957-11-28 (Age:56)
Hometown: Los Angeles, California, USA
Height: 5′ 10″ / 178cm
Boxing Record: click
Born November 28, 1957, Tehran, Iran, the oldest of five brothers and sisters, his father was a professional truck driver for the Edison Electric Company in Tehran.
- Chitsaz is oldest world ranked boxer in top 150 in BoxRec history, and oldest to win a belt (WBC Latino/Mundo Hispano).
- Named boxing ambassador of the WBHOF on November 15, 2008. Personal website .
- Chitsaz was originally managed by former WBC world heavyweight champion Ken Norton when he turned professional (see photo).
- 18-0 record as the top ranked amateur middleweight champion in Iran 1978-1979.
- Oldest active licensed boxer in the world since Saoul Mamby in 2008, oldest heavyweight since Jack Johnson who fought at 66.
- Most consecutive first or second round knockouts from start of career (19), best since Edwin Valero and Tyrone Brunson.
- Chitsaz has recorded 24 Knockouts overall, and has the highest knockout percentage (96%) of any professional boxer age 50 or older.
- Oldest active licensed boxer in the U.S.A. Chitsaz is licensed in (California) and Mexico (Comision del Estado de Sinaloa.
- Sparring partner for Lionel Butler for Butler's WBC heavyweight eliminator bout with Lennox Lewis.
- Knocked out 28 year old Luis Chavez, a fighter with a 90% win percentage (9-1) in May 2010.
- Also licensed as a professional Mixed Martial Artist (MMA) by California State Athletic Commission.
- Came to the United States as a student at Clark College in Vancouver, Washington 1979-1980.
- Got married in Vancouver, Washington in 1979 and immigrated to the United States.
- Earned a Bachelor's degree in physical education from Newport University in June 1985.
- Earned an Associate's degree in law enforcement from Irvine Valley College in May 2006.
- Has worked for several decades in professional security as a personal bodyguard for dignitaries, celebrities and public figures such as Danny Glover, Frank Sinatra and Michael Jackson.