Henry Akinwande vs. Alexander Zolkin
1996-11-09 : Henry Akinwande 238 lbs beat Alexander Zolkin 235 lbs by TKO at 2:32 in round 10 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Duane Ford 89-81
- Judge: Mike Glienna 86-84
- Judge: Dave Moretti 88-82
|Titles On Line:||World Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (Akinwande's 1st defense)|
|Promoter(s):|| Don King: Don King Productions|
Link to Fight Card
- Zolkin was down in round four from an Akinwande right hand.
- In the sixth round, Zolkin suffered an inch-long cut on his right eyelid which would later take 25 stitches to close.
- Late in round 10, referee Richard Steele called time and escorted Zolkin to the ring apron, where he was examined by the ringside physician, Dr. Flip Homansky, who examined Zolkin's cut and told the referee to call a halt to the bout.
- Zolkin and trainer John Schaffer protested the stoppage, claiming Zolkin was able to continue.
Akinwande vs. Williams
| WBO Heavyweight Title Fight
Akinwande vs. Welch