Name: Herbie Hide
Alias: Dancing Destroyer
Birth Name: Herbert Okechukwu Maduagwu
Birthplace: Amauzari, Nigeria
Nationality: United Kingdom
Hometown: Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Height: 6′ 2″ / 188cm
Reach: 75″ / 191cm
Boxing Record: click
- Won the vacant WBC International Heavyweight Title with a second-round TKO of Conroy Nelson on January 21, 1992 in Norfolk, England.
- Won the vacant BBBofC Heavyweight Title with a fifth-round TKO of Michael Murray on February 27, 1993 in Essex, England.
- Won the WBB Heavyweight Title with a fourth-round TKO of Jerry Halstead on May 11, 1993 in Norfolk, England.
- Won the WBO Heavyweight Title with a seventh-round KO of Michael Bentt on March 19, 1994 in London, England.
- Lost the WBO Heavyweight Title to Riddick Bowe by a sixth-round KO on March 11, 1995 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Won the vacant WBO Heavyweight Title with a second-round TKO of Tony Tucker on June 28, 1997 in Norfolk, England.
- Lost the WBO Heavyweight Title to Vitali Klitschko by a second-round KO on June 26, 1999 in London, England.
- Won the vacant WBC International Cruiserweight Title with a sixth-round TKO of Mikhail Nasyrov on December 23, 2007 in Germany.
- Was scheduled to face Matt Godfrey in a WBC Cruiserweight Title eliminator in 2009 in Germany, but Godfrey pulled out twice due to injuries.
- In 1999, Hide was declared bankrupt by a British court after failing to pay various bills. However, eyebrows were raised when, around that same time, Hide informed a reporter that he had left £8,000 next to a lamp in his training camp and when he returned, the money was on fire. British court officers were understandably puzzled and demanded to know where the money had come from. Hide's response is unknown.
- Hide has been arrested on multiple occasions.
- In December 2003, after being attacked by six men and hit over the head with a bar stool in a Norwich night club, Hide was approached by police officers in a nearby parking lot. Upon being approached, he suddenly set off running, discarding a knife with a ten-inch blade as he did so. This resulted in his subsequent arrest and conviction for "possession of a bladed article." He was fined nearly £1,000 for this offense.
- In September 2004, Hide was again arrested for repeated failures to attend court hearings concerning assorted driving-related offenses. He had been charged with driving a Fiat Punto with no insurance on May 15, 2003 and driving a Bentley with no insurance and no MoT on June 18 of the same year. Hide had denied all of those charges. He was scheduled to attend the ensuing court hearing in January 2004, but failed to do so. The hearing was then rescheduled at least three times in the following two months, but Hide failed to surface on those dates as well. In March 2004, he was convicted of all the charges. Hide's solicitor, Ian Fisher, told the court that he had no idea why his client had not appeared.
- In April 2013, Hide was charged with conspiring to supply cocaine. The 41-year-old British heavyweight arranged for cocaine to be delivered to undercover reporters of The Sun by a dealer who repeatedly boasted about his close links to the fighter. The Sun handed over video footage to police. Hide is shown on the video bragging about how he would fix a showpiece bout, saying: “Whoever, which round you want, whatever you want as long as you put the money. I can guarantee one thing, you can get whoever is the favorite, you can get them to step down for a million pounds. You need a big name on good record — yeah, like myself!" 
| WBO Heavyweight Champion
1994 Mar 19 – 1995 Mar 11
| WBO Heavyweight Champion
1997 Jun 28 – 1999 Jun 26