Herman Ngoudjo vs. Juan Urango
2009-01-30 : Herman Ngoudjo 139¼ lbs lost to Juan Urango 139 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Marlon Wright
- Judge: Richard Green 108-118
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio 110-116
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 106-120
- Title became vacant when Paul Malignaggi refused to face Ngoudjo for a second time. Ngoudjo had become Malignaggi's mandatory challenger when he defeated Souleymane M'baye on June 6, 2008.
- Ngoudjo's trainer, Howard Grant, did not work his corner during this fight. Grant, who also trains Librado Andrade, was suspended by the Quebec boxing commission for pushing referee Marlon Wright after the end of the Lucian Bute vs. Librado Andrade fight. Ironically, Wright officiated this fight.
- Ngoudjo down twice in round 3, the first time from a left uppercut to the chin, the second from a left hook to the jaw.
- After the fight, it was discovered that Ngoudjo suffered a broken jaw during round 3.
- Due to a mistake by the ringside officials, round 10 lasted a total of 5:10.
- ESPN analyst Teddy Atlas scored the fight 115-113 for Urango.
- Blows: Urango 374/959 42%; Ngoudjo 214/957 22%.
Malignaggi vs. N'dou II
| IBF Light Welterweight Title Fight