Hideyuki Ohashi vs. Ricardo Lopez
1990-10-25 : Ricardo Lopez 104 lbs beat Hideyuki Ohashi 105 lbs by TKO at 2:00 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Korakuen Hall, Tokyo, Japan
- Referee: Tony Perez
- Judge: Terry Smith 40-35
- Judge: Dalby Shirley 40-35
- Judge: Ladislao Sanchez 39-36
- World Boxing Council Minimumweight Title (2nd defense by Ohashi)
- Ricardo Lopez (26-0) 20 KOs vs. Hideyuki Ohashi (14-3) 8 KOs
- This was Lopez's first world title fight and only the second time that he had fought professionally outside his native Mexico.
- Ohashi down in Round 4 from a jab followed by a straight right hand. He was up almost immediately and received a mandatory eight-count.
- Ohashi down in Round 5 from a right hook. He remained on one knee until the count of six and again received a standing eight-count.
- A combination jab, straight right, left hook sent Ohashi down for the third time in the fight. He did make it to his feet at the count of seven, but staggered, fell back into the corner. At that, the referee waved an end to the bout.