(Redirected from Human:1496)
Name: Otis Grant
Birthplace: Saint Ann, Jamaica
Hometown: Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada
Height: 5′ 9½″ / 177cm
Reach: 71″ / 180cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainer: Howard Grant
- Grant was born in St.Ann, Jamaica, moved to Canada in 1977 at the age of 7 years old.
- He started boxing when he was 11.
- After his brother Howard Grant's return from the Seoul Olympics in 1988, they both decided to turn professional instead of taking part in the '92 Olympic Games.
- Driving back home to Montreal on Highway 15 on a summer's evening in June 1999, Otis, his then six-year-old daughter Alexandria and his buddy fellow boxer Hercules Kyvelos were involved in a serious auto accident. Kyvelos and Alexandria were not seriously hurt, but Otis took almost the full impact of the collision; Grant broke five ribs, punctured a lung and shattered his shoulder blade, and was in a coma for seven days. Doctors said he'd never fight again. But Grant surprised everybody by returning to the ring in 2003.
- Grant is the 1st black Quebecer who fought for a world boxing title.
- Grant - who has a Concordia University degree in recreation and leisure services, now manages the Grant Brothers Gym in the West Island on Montreal with his brother Howard, who also trained him.
- During his youth his friends and family started calling him "Magic" because of his admiration for NBA star Magic Johnson.
| WBO Middleweight Champion
1997 Dec 13 – 1998