(Redirected from Human:4923)
Name: Chris Byrd
Alias: Rapid Fire
Birth Name: Chris Cornelius Byrd
Birthplace: Flint, Michigan, USA
Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Height: 6′ 1½″ / 187cm
Reach: 74″ / 188cm
Boxing Record: click
- Amateur Record: 290-25
- 1988 Olympic Trials: Lost to eventual United States representative Todd Foster in the quarterfinals of the Light Welterweight competition
- 1989 United States Amateur Light Welterweight Champion
- 1990 Goodwill Games in Seattle, WA: Lost to Torsten Schmitz (East Germany) in the quarterfinals of the Light Middleweight competition
- 1991 United States Amateur Middleweight Champion
- 1991 World Championships: Lost to Ramon Garbey (Cuba) in Middleweight competition
- 1992 United States Amateur Middleweight Champion
- 1992 Middleweight Gold Medalist at Canada Cup. Results:
- 1992 Olympic Trials Middleweight winner in Worcester, MA. Results:
- 1992 Olympic Box-Off Middleweight winner in Phoenix, AZ. Results:
- Mike DeMoss, won on points
- 1992 Middleweight Silver Medalist at the Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. Results:
- Won the vacant USBA Heavyweight Championship with a sixth-round TKO of Mike Rouse on March 28, 1995.
- Won the vacant WBU International Heavyweight Championship with a twelve-round unanimous decision against Phil Jackson on November 21, 1995.
- Stopped in five rounds by Ike Ibeabuchi on March 20, 1999.
- Upset Vitali Klitschko by a ninth-round TKO to win the WBO Heavyweight Championship on April 1, 2000.
- Lost the WBO Heavyweight Championship to Wladimir Klitschko by a twelve-round unanimous decision on October 14, 2000.
- Defeated Maurice Harris by a twelve-round unanimous decision to regain the USBA Heavyweight Championship on May 12, 2001.
- Upset David Tua by a twelve-round unanimous decision on August 18, 2001 to become the mandatory IBF heavyweight challenger.
- Defeated Evander Holyfield by a twelve-round unanimous decision to win the vacant IBF Heavyweight Championship on December 14, 2002.
- Lost the IBF Heavyweight Championship in his fifth defense to Wladimir Klitschko on April 22, 2006. Byrd was stopped in the seventh round.
- Lost to Alexander Povetkin by a eleventh-round TKO on October 27, 2007.
- Dropped down to light heavyweight and fought Shaun George on May 16, 2008. Looking gaunt at 174 pounds, Byrd was knocked out in the ninth round.
- In his last fight, Byrd stopped Matthias Sandow in four rounds in a cruiserweight fight on March 21, 2009.
- His father, Joe Byrd, was his trainer.
- His mother, Rose Byrd, was his assistant trainer.
- Younger brother of fellow professional boxers Patrick Byrd, Tracy Byrd, and Tim Byrd.
- Cousin of former WBO Heavyweight Champion Lamon Brewster.
| WBO Heavyweight Champion
2000 Apr 1 – 2000 Oct 14
| IBF Heavyweight Champion
2002 Dec 14 – 2006 Apr 22