(Redirected from Human:495)
Name: Tony Tucker
Hometown: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Height: 6′ 5″ / 196cm
Reach: 82″ / 208cm
Boxing Record: click
- Amateur Record: 115-6
- 1977 Ohio State Fair Tournament Light Heavyweight finalist, losing to Lee Roy Murphy
- 1979 Pan American Games Light Heavyweight Champion. Results were:
- 1979 World Cup Light Heavyweight Champion. Results were:
- 1979 National AAU Light Heavyweight Champion, defeating Andre McCoy in the final
- 1980 Western Olympic Trials Light Heavyweight finalist, losing on points to Alex DeLucia.
- USBA Heavyweight Championship (1986)
- IBF Heavyweight Championship (1987)
- California State Heavyweight Championship (1991)
- NABF Heavyweight Championship (1991-1992, 1996)
- Was supposed to be on a flight to Poland that crashed on March 14, 1980. All 87 people on board were killed, including 22 members of the U.S. boxing team. Tucker didn't go because of a shoulder injury.
- Stopped James (Buster) Douglas in ten rounds to win the vacant IBF Heavyweight Championship on May 30, 1987.
- Lost the IBF Championship to WBC/WBA Champion Mike Tyson by a twelve-round unanimous decision on August 1, 1987.
- Lost a twelve-round unanimous decision to WBC Heavyweight Champion Lennox Lewis on May 8, 1993.
- Fought Bruce Seldon for the vacant WBA Heavyweight Championship on April 8, 1995 and was stopped after seven rounds.
- Fought Herbie Hide for the vacant WBO Heavyweight Championship on June 28, 1997 and was stopped in two rounds.
- Is now a trainer at the Clearwater Boxing Center in Clearwater, Florida.
| IBF Heavyweight Champion
1987 May 30 – 1987 Aug 1