Humberto Soto vs. Francisco Lorenzo
2008-06-28 : Humberto Soto 130 lbs lost to Francisco Lorenzo 130 lbs by DQ at 2:43 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Ed Kugler 30-27
- Judge: Jerry Roth 29-28
- Judge: Herb Santos 29-28
- Interim World Boxing Council Super Featherweight Title (Vacant)
- Promoter: Top Rank
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View
- Was originally for the Interim WBC Super Featheweight Title, but the WBC chose not to award Lorenzo the title due to the controversial ending of the fight.
In round four, Soto dropped Lorenzo twice, however after the second knockdown, Soto clipped Lorenzo after he took a knee. With blood streaming from his face, Lorenzo remained on the deck. The referee spent several minutes consulting with other officials before deciding to disqualify Soto.