Iran Barkley vs. Sumbu Kalambay
1987-10-23 : Iran Barkley 156 lbs lost to Sumbu Kalambay 159½ lbs by UD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Palazzo Dello Sport, Livorno, Toscana, Italy
- Referee: Isidro Rodriguez
- Judge: Ove Ovesen 140-147
- Judge: Charles Williams 140-147
- Judge: Roberto Maldonado 142-147
- World Boxing Association Middleweight Championship (Vacant)
- The WBA title had been stripped from Marvin Hagler because he chose to fight Sugar Ray Leonard instead of Herol Graham, the No. 1-ranked contender.
- Kalambay earned a title shot by outpointing Herol Graham.
- The AP reported: "Kalambay outpaced the 27-year-old challenger from New York and used superior boxing technique throughout the 15-round fight. Barkley was unable to land his powerful left hooks as Kalambay, a fan of Muhammad Ali, moved fast on the ring and used his left jab to keep his opponent away."
- This was the last WBA middleweight title fight scheduled for 15 rounds.