Isaac Chilemba vs. Edison Miranda
2012-02-03 : Isaac Chilemba 174 lbs beat Edison Miranda 174½ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Texas Station Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Robert Byrd
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 96-92
- Judge: Dave Moretti 97-91
- Judge: Al Lefkowitz 96-92
- Aired On: ESPN Friday Night Fights (Main Event)
- Isaac Chilemba 18-1-1 (9 KOs) vs. Edison Miranda 35-6 (30 KOs)
- Miranda, a 3-1 betting underdog , entered with a record of 3-3 dating back to May of 2009.
- Miranda originally scheduled to face Yordanis Despaigne, who pulled out, stating he was not mentally ready. It would have been a rematch of their July 2011 match which ended with Miranda disqualified for low blows.
- ESPN's Teddy Atlas scored the bout 96-92 in favor of Chilemba.
- ESPN aired kind tributes to the late trainers Angelo Dundee and Goody Petronelli before the main events.
- Both Chilemba and Miranda earned a $12,500 purse each for the fight. 
A clash of heads in Round 3 opened a gash on the outside of Miranda's left eyebrow that streamed blood down the side of his face and stained both fighters. Within the first four rounds, both fighters were warned for punching on the break, twice for punching behind the head and Miranda was warned for a low blow and using his forearm in a clinch. Midway through Round 5 both fighters were deducted a point for rabbit punches. Action was paused late in Round 7 to allow the ringside physician to view Miranda's cut, which he pawed at for much of the fight. Miranda was again warned for a rabbit punch in Round 8, a strong round for Chilemba in which he found success with the right hand. After round six, Miranda seemed cautious due to the cut, enabling Chilemba to aggressively use head jabs to win the rounds which followed decisively. Both fighters were warned again in Round 10 for rabbit punches.
Miranda was a game opponent and did land some decent shots, but was outboxed by the younger, more athletic Chilemba. Chilemba had the higher energy level, faster punches and outworked a clearly aging Edison Miranda. It should be noted the clash of heads in round three appeared accidental, and the bout could have been ruled a no contest, but it was not. Miranda's corner did a poor job of managing the cut from the corner of Miranda's left eye from the fourth round until the bout's conclusion, causing Chilemba to fight the bout covered in Miranda's blood. The cut did not affect Miranda's vision. The bleeding was bad, though, and even ESPN commentator Teddy Atlas' shirt was spattered with blood at ringside by the bout's conclusion. Despite the cut and both fighters fouling, neither fighter was hurt otherwise during the ten rounder.