Istvan Kovacs vs. Julio Pablo Chacon
2001-06-16 : Istvan Kovacs 126 lbs lost to Julio Pablo Chacon 125 lbs by TKO at 0:15 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Kisstadion, Budapest, Hungary
- Referee: Lou Moret
- Judge: Michael Pernick 47-46
- Judge: Tom Miller 47-46
- Judge: John Stewart 47-46
- World Boxing Organization Featherweight Title (1st. defending of Kovacs)
- Time: 0:15
- Weights: Kovacs 126 lbs, Chacon 125 lbs
- Kovacs was winning the fight easily but in the fifth round was clowning around with his hands down and got caught with a shot that put him down. Kovacs was hurt badly but managed to survive the round.
- In round 6th Kovacs was put down again and the referee stopped the fight.
- This bout was one of the biggest upsets in 2001 as Kovacs was seen as a rising star and Chacon as a nobody.
- Shortly after this fight Kovacs announced his retirement because he felt he was too old to compete as a competitive boxer.