Ivan Calderon vs. Jesus Iribe
2010-06-12 : Ivan Calderon 106 lbs beat Jesus Iribe 106 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: John Stewart 116-111
- Judge: Carlos Ortiz Jr 118-109
- Judge: Robin Taylor 118-109
- World Boxing Organization Light Flyweight Title (6th defense by Calderon)
In a quiet bout which appeared difficult to score, Calderon won a unanimous decision by landing jab combinations while moving left to right and not getting hit. Iribe dropped Calderon for a flash knockdown in the second, and came forward as the aggressor all night, throwing most of the punches. Iribe missed most of his punches, though, and while Calderon threw far fewer, Calderon landed the punches of consequence to clearly win the decision. This bout was the main event of a six bout Top Rank card held at The Theater in Madison Square Garden. Former world champions Julio Cesar Chavez (Spanish television commentator) and Billy Costello (judge) were at ringside. At times, the pro-Calderon crowd booed the ring inactivity.