Ivan Calderon vs. Rodel Mayol (1st meeting)
2009-06-13 : Ivan Calderon 106½ lbs drew with Rodel Mayol 106½ lbs by TD at 1:50 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Tony Paolillo 58-56
- Judge: Tom Schreck 56-58
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 57-57
- World Boxing Organization Light Flyweight Title (4th Defense by Calderon)
- Time: 1:50
- Ivan Calderon 32-0 (6 KOs) vs. Rodel Mayol 25-3 (19 KOs)
- Fight was on the unaired undercard of Miguel Angel Cotto vs. Joshua Clottey.
- Calderon, age 34, entered as The Ring Magazine Champion at junior flyweight. Mayol, 27, was unranked by the same publication.
- Mayol, a 5-1 underdog, came in with a record of 3-3 in his past six bouts dating back to May of 2006. It was his second professional bout to take place in the United States.
- The fight was stopped due to a cut from an accidental headbutt in the sixth round. At the time, the judges scored the fight 58-56 Calderon, 58-56 Mayol, 57-57.
- Earlier, an accidental clash of heads in round four opened up a cut on Calderon’s forehead. Two more headbutts in the fifth worsened the cut. In the sixth round the cut reopened from either a punch or another butt and doctors advised to stop the fight at 1:50 in the sixth round.