J'Leon Love vs. Gabriel Rosado
2013-05-04 : J'Leon Love 160 lbs fought without result Gabriel Rosado 160 lbs by ND in round 10 of 10
- Location: MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Herb Santos 97-92
- Judge: Dave Moretti 95-94
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 94-95
- Aired On: Showtime
- J'Leon Love 15-0 (8 KOs) vs. Gabriel Rosado 21-6 (13 KOs)
- Bout was on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert Guerrero
- Love was knocked down in the 6th round.
- Love was two hours late for the weigh-in and then was 161½ pounds on his first attempt to make weight. He returned to the scale nearly an hour later – almost maxing out the time allotted to make weight – and was 160 pounds.
- Love won an unpopular split decision in a very close fight.
Purses: Love - $100,000, Rosado - $60,000
Failed Drug Test
J'Leon Love failed the post-fight drug test when he tested positive for a banned diuretic Hydrochlorothiazide. Love was temporarily suspended and faces a hearing before the commission, perhaps as early as mid-June. Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer said he would seek a suspension and fine. If Love's positive test is upheld, the result of the fight will be changed to a no decision.
- "I just got news that J'Leon Love tested positive for (an) illegal substance. So not only did the judges cheat me but so did Love." - Gabriel Rosado 
- "Floyd Mayweather nor myself condone this behavior and whatever the Nevada commission sees necessary as punishment we fully support it. In addition, there will be repercussions behind this as it relates to Mayweather Promotions and our fighter. This news is disgusting." - Mayweather Promotions chief executive Leonard Ellerbe
Scores: Moretti -- Santos -- Trowbridge
Rd. 1: Love 10-9 - Love 10-9 - Love 10-9
Rd. 2: Love 10-9 - Love 10-9 - Rosado 9-10
Rd. 3: Love 10-9 - Love 10-9 - Love 10-9
Rd. 4: Rosado 9-10 - Love 10-9 - Love 10-9
Rd. 5: Love 10-9 - Love 10-9 - Love 10-9
Rd. 6: Rosado 8-10 - Rosado 8-10 - Rosado 8-10
Rd. 7: Rosado 9-10 - Love 10-9 - Rosado 9-10
Rd. 8: Love 10-9 - Love 10-9 - Love 10-9
Rd. 9: Rosado 9-10 - Rosado 9-10 - Rosado 9-10
Rd. 10: Love 10-9 - Love 10-9 - Rosado 9-10
The scorecard evidenced a very close fight in which all three judges agreed on 6 out of 10 rounds.
Article defending the judges
Barry Lindenman; Seconds Out