Name: Jack Renault
Alias: Leo Dumoulin
Birth Name: Leonard Dumoulin
Birthplace: Notre-Dame-des-Bois, Quebec, Canada
Died: 1967-07-28 (Age:72)
Hometown: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Height: 6′ 1″ / 185cm
Boxing Record: click
Manager: Leo P. Flynn
- Rated in Ring Magazine's top ten in 1924 and in the top three in 1925.
- Appeared in the 1927 Richard Dix vehicle "Knockout Reilly" as 'Killer Agerra'. After life amongst the wild Holywood crowd during his brief film career, Renault seemed to lose some of the drive to be champion that he had previously displayed.
- Per the May 8, 1931 Globe newspaper of Toronto, Renault had been a Royal Northwest Mounted Policeman before becoming a professional boxer. Actually, he served with the Montreal police force.
- He retired around 1932.
- In 1937 he was a doorman in a restaurant on 42nd street in New York.
- In 1943 he worked for Brewster Aeronautical in Long Island (former world champion Jack Delaney worked there with him).
- In 1951 he was in California working for Hughes aircraft.
- It is believed he lived in California for most of the 1950s.
- Apparently, he had no children.
- In 1961, he returned to Beebe (in the province of Quebec) to live with his brother Wilfrid. He was 66 at the time.
Harry Greb Site