Jean-Marc Mormeck vs. O'Neil Bell (1st meeting)
2006-01-07 : O'Neil Bell 199½ lbs beat Jean Marc Mormeck 197¾ lbs by KO at 2:50 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Wayne Kelly
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 87-84
- Judge: Tom Schreck 85-86
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 86-84
- World Boxing Council Cruiserweight Title (Mormeck's 1st defense)
- World Boxing Association Cruiserweight Title (Mormeck's 5th defense)
- International Boxing Federation Cruiserweight Title (Bell's 2nd defense)
- Time: 2:50
- The Unified Rules of Boxing applied
- Mormeck was floored by a right hand for the first time in his career, referee Wayne Kelly waved it off at the count of five.
- Blows: Bell 330/609 54%, Mormeck 183/320 57%
- Bell became the first undisputed cruiserweight champion since Evander Holyfield in 1988.
- Bell wins the Ring Magazine cruiserweight world title.