Jean Francois Bergeron vs. Edegar Da Silva
2006-09-15 : Jean Francois Bergeron 219¾ lbs beat Edegar Da Silva 217¾ lbs by KO at 2:28 in round 5 of 10
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Marlon Wright
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio
- Judge: Claude Paquette
- Interim NABA Heavyweight Title
- Judges scoring: Procopio (40-35), DeCarufel (40-35), Paquette (40-35), all in favour of Bergeron at the time of stoppage
- Weights: Bergeron 219.75 lbs, Da Silva 217.75 lbs
- At the outset, Da Silva backed up, looking to land a single looping right hand on the counter. Bergeron passively attacked behind his right jab, getting in an occasional left.
- Da Silva was wobbled by lefts twice in round 3.
- Da Silva was wobbled by a right hook in round 4, and dropped later on by another counter right. Bergeron was beginning letting his hands go more while Da Silva lunged forward with looping punches.
- In round 5, Bergeron landed a series of uppercuts, and the wobbly Da Silva went down on his own, and stayed down for about 30 seconds.
- With the victory, Bergeron captured the Interim NABA heavyweight title. He was recognized as the regular titleholder when Shannon Briggs vacated the title to fight for the WBO title against Serguei Lyakhovich on November 4, 2006.
Briggs vs. Koval
| NABA Heavyweight Title Fight
Bergeron vs. Hawkins