Jean Pascal vs. Lucas Green Arias
2006-09-30 : Jean Pascal 167½ lbs beat Lucas Green Arias 169 lbs by TKO at 3:00 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Montreal Casino, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Gerry Bolen
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio
- Judge: Jack Woodburn
- Vacant WBC Latino Super Middleweight Title
- Judges scoring: Procopio (50-45), DeCarufel (49-46), Woodburn (49-46) - all for Pascal at the time of stoppage
- Time: 3:00
- Weights: Pascal 167.5 lbs, Green Arias 169 lbs
- Arias, who went down just before the 6th round ended, was able to beat the count and show referee Gerry Bolen that he was able to continue as the bell sounded to end the round.
- Between the 6th and 7th rounds, Green Arias' corner indicated that he would not be continuing the fight.
- Green Arias would remain seated as the celebrations in the ring continued and the WBC Latino belt was presented. Five minutes later, while a corner-man was pouring a bottle of water over his head, Green Arias lost consciousness and fell to the canvas. Oxygen was administered and a stretcher brought as Arias lay on the canvas.
- Green Arias was taken to a local area hospital. It was discovered that he had suffered a sub-dural hematoma and he was put under sedation and a drain of excess fluids was successively performed.
- Green Arias regained consciousness the next day, responding well and talking to one of his trainers in his native Costa Rica by phone.
- First time the WBC Latino Super Middleweight Title is at stake (and, as of November 2007, the only time).
- Pascal never defended his title.