Jeff Lacy vs. Syd Vanderpool
2004-10-02 : Jeff Lacy 168 lbs beat Syd Vanderpool 167 lbs by TKO at 1:37 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Robert Byrd
- Judge: Larry Hazzard Jr. 67-66
- Judge: C.J. Ross 67-66
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 68-65
- International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 1:37
- Weights: Lacy 168 lbs, Vanderpool 167 lbs
- Fight was for the vacant title after the defending champ, Sven Ottke, had retired from boxing.
- Vanderpool elected to slug toe to toe. By round seven he was fading. In round eight a left hook to the right eye caused Vanderpool to wince, and to back away weakly, while Lacy chased him across the ring. Three big rights to the head, had Vanderpool staggering around, and referee Byrd stopped it without a knockdown.
- Lacy showed a left puff above the eye in round seven.