Jermain Taylor vs. Cory Spinks
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2007-05-19 : Jermain Taylor 159¾ lbs beat Cory Spinks 159¾ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: FedEx Forum, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Referee: Mike Ortega
- Judge: Dick Flaherty 111-117
- Judge: Michael Pernick 115-113
- Judge: Gale E. Van Hoy 117-111
- World Boxing Council Middleweight Title (4th defense by Taylor)
- World Boxing Organization Middleweight Title (4th defense by Taylor)
- Weights: 159.8 lbs (each)
- Promoter: DiBella Entertainment
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Spinks initially weighed 161.4, but trimmed off the excess weight.
- Flaherty's scorecard was incorrectly announced by Michael Buffer as 111-107 Spinks.
- Taylor defends his Ring Magazine middleweight world title.
Taylor vs. Ouma
| WBC Middleweight Title Fight
WBO Middleweight Title Fight
Taylor vs. Pavlik