Jess Willard vs. Frank Moran
1916-03-25 : Jess Willard 259½ lbs beat Frank Moran 210½ lbs by NWS in round 10 of 10
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Charlie White
World Heavyweight Title (Willard's first defense after winning the title from Jack Johnson)
- Bout summary: 
- Newspaper decision for Willard from W.S. Farnsworth (New York American), Billy Muldoon (New York American), New York Evening Journal, New York Evening Mail, P.T. Knox (New York Evening Telegram), Al Copland (New York Evening Telegram), Kid McCoy (New York Evening Telegram), Robert Edgren (New York Evening World), New York Herald, W.B. Masterson (New York Morning Telegraph), New York Press, W.J. Macbeth (New York Sun), Ed C. Hill (New York Sun), New York Times, W.O. McGeehan (New York Tribune), Heywood Broun (New York Tribune), Grantland Rice (New York Tribune), New York World, Brooklyn Daily Eagle, Brooklyn Standard Union, William H. Rocap (Philadelphia Public Ledger), Robert W. Maxwell (Philadelphia Evening Ledger), Philadelphia Inquirer, Frank G. Menke (International News Service), Tom Andrews (Milwaukee Leader), Tom Terrell (Cleveland Plain Dealer), Sam P. Hall (Chicago Examiner), Irvin S. Cobb (Chicago Tribune), William A. Hamilton (Boston Herald), Perry Arnold (United Press), Associated Press.
- Newspaper decision for Moran from John L. Sullivan (International News Service).
- Philadelphia Jack O’Brien, James Corbett, Bob Fitzsimmons expressed their opinions that Willard was the victor. Abe Attell thought Moran won.
- Tex Rickard's debut as a New York promoter
- Photo #2, Photo #3, Photo #5, Photo #4
- Newspaper article match-up: 
- YouTube video: