Jesus Chavez vs. Julio Diaz
2007-02-03 : Jesus Chavez 134¾ lbs lost to Julio Diaz 135 lbs by KO at 0:22 in round 3 of 12
- Location: Silver Spurs Arena, Kissimmee, Florida, USA
- Referee: Frank Santore Jr
- Judge: Alex Levin
- Judge: Pat Russell
- Judge: Peter Trematerra
- International Boxing Federation Lightweight Title
- Time: 0:22
- Weights: Chavez 134¾; Diaz 135
- Diaz is awarded a KO victory, and becomes the outright IBF champ, when Chavez is counted out after he collapsed to the canvas with a right knee injury. No punches were being thrown at the time of the injury.
- Diaz had entered the fight as the interim champion, having earned that distinction by beating Ricky Quiles, in a fight mandated since Chavez had been unable to make a mandatory defense against Quiles due to a different injury.
- This was the first fight for Chavez in 17 months, since his tragic TKO victory over Leavander Johnson, that caused Johnson to collapse after the bout and ultimately pass away five days later.