Jesus Soto Karass vs. Andre Berto
2013-07-27 : Andre Berto 147 lbs lost to Jesus Soto Karass 147 lbs by TKO at 0:48 in round 12 of 12
- Location: AT&T Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Referee: Jon Schorle
- Judge: Cathy Leonard 105-103
- Judge: Hubert Minn 104-104
- Judge: Michael Mitchell 103-105
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Promoter: Golden Boy Promotions
- Aired On: Showtime, BoxNation (Main Event)
- NABF Welterweight Title (vacant)
- Jesus Soto Karass 27-8-3 (17 KOs) vs. Andre Berto 28-2 (22 KOs)
- Berto entered with a record of 1-2 in his previous three bouts with decision losses to Victor Ortiz (28-2-2) and Robert Guerrero (30-1-1).
- Karass, a 3.25-to-1 betting underdog, entered with a record of 3-5 in his previous eight bouts dating back to November of 2009. He was coming of a majority decision win over Selcuk Aydin (23-1) six months prior. 
- Prior to the bout, a memorial 10-count was held for Hall-of-Famer Emile Griffith, who died four days prior.
- Berto, who was hurt and on the defensive in the fourth, seemed to be bothered by his right shoulder from the fifth round on. It was checked out by the ringside physician following the round.
- Karass went down in Round 11 from an uppercut that landed to the beltline. He was up quickly and his corner complained that the punch was low.
- A short left hook sent Berto down in the 12th round. He got to his feet at the count of four, but the referee waved an end to the bout.