Name: Jimmy McLarnin
Alias: Baby Face/Belfast Spider
Birth Name: James Mc Larnin
Birthplace: Hillsborough, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Died: 2004-10-28 (Age:96)
Hometown: Glendale, California, USA
Height: 5′ 6″ / 168cm
Reach: 67″ / 170cm
Boxing Record: click
Manager: Charles (Pop) Foster
Jimmy McLarnin Gallery
- Also known as the "Irish Lullaby," the "Beltin' Celt," and the "Dublin Dynamiter."
- His brother, Sammy, also was a professional boxer. Little is known about his career at this time.
- On October 27, 1933, in Los Angeles, both McLarnin and his manager, Pop Foster (who was born in Leeds, England in 1880), became American citizens.
- McLarnin was also quite a competent golfer and played regularly with his good friends Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and Fred Astaire.
- McLarnin and his wife lived in Glendale, California. She died in 1985. They were married for fifty years and had four children.
- McLarnin later moved to the Tri-Cities area of Washington state to live with family there. Up until circa early 2003, he was doing fine physically and mentally. He then developed Alzeimer's Disease and was placed in a nursing-care facility in Pasco, Washington, where he died in 2004.
- The May 1994 issue of The Ring Magazine ranked McLarnin as the fifth greatest welterweight of all-time.