Name: Joe Calzaghe
Alias: Pride of Wales / Italian Dragon
Birth Name: Joseph Calzaghe
Birthplace: Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
Hometown: Newbridge, Wales, United Kingdom
Height: 5′ 11″ / 180cm
Reach: 73″ / 185cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainer: Enzo Calzaghe
Manager: Frank Warren
Joe Calzaghe Gallery
- Had an amateur record of 110-10
- 1991 ABA Welterweight Champion
- 1992 ABA Light Middleweight Champion
- 1993 ABA Middleweight Champion
- Defeated Stephen Wilson by an eighth-round TKO to win the vacant British Boxing Board of Control Super Middleweight Championship on October 28, 1995.
- Defeated Chris Eubank by a unanimous decision to win the vacant World Boxing Organization Super Middleweight Championship on October 11, 1997. Calzaghe would hold the title for more than 10 years, longer than any other super middleweight champion, and he would defend the title 21 times, a division record he shares with Sven Ottke.
- Defeated International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Champion Jeff Lacy by a unanimous decision on March 4, 2006, to unify the IBF and WBO titles. Calzaghe, an underdog even with the British bookmakers, dominated the fight. He also won the vacant Ring Magazine Super Middleweight Championship.
- Relinquished the IBF Super Middleweight Championship on November 27, 2006. Instead of fighting the IBF mandatory challenger, Robert Stieglitz, Calzaghe took a more lucrative match against Peter Manfredo Jr., whom he stopped in three rounds on April 7, 2007.
- Defeated World Boxing Association/World Boxing Council Super Middleweight Champion Mikkel Kessler by a unanimous decision on November 3, 2007, to unify the WBA, WBC, and WBO titles.
- Made his U.S. debut against Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight Champion Bernard Hopkins at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on April 19, 2008. Calzaghe was floored in the first round, but he came back to win by a split decision. According to CompuBox, Calzaghe landed more punches on Hopkins than any of his previous opponents.
- Defended The Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight Championship against Roy Jones Jr. at Madison Square Garden in New York City on November 8, 2008. After getting knocked down in round one, Calzaghe dominated the rest of the fight and won by a unanimous decision. It was Calzaghe's last fight.
- Announced his retirement on February 5, 2009. Calzaghe had a record of 46-0 with 32 knockouts.
- Ranked No. 3 on The Ring Magazine's pound-for-pound list at the time of his retirement.
- Had a record of 22-0 (11 KOs) in world title fights.
- Had a record of 10-0 (2 KOs) against former, current and future world champions:
Won against Chris Eubank, Robin Reid, Richie Woodhall, Charles Brewer, Byron Mitchell, Jeff Lacy, Sakio Bika, Mikkel Kessler, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr.
- Inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2014.
| WBO Super Middleweight Champion
1997 Oct 11 – 2008 Sep 26
| IBF Super Middleweight Champion
2006 Mar 4 – 2006 Nov 27
| WBA Super Middleweight Champion
2007 Nov 3 – 2008 Sep
| WBC Super Middleweight Champion
2007 Nov 3 – 2008 Jun 28