Joe Louis vs. Gus Dorazio
1941-02-17 : Joe Louis 203 lbs beat Gus Dorazio 193½ lbs by KO at 1:30 in round 2 of 15
- Location: Convention Hall, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Referee: Irving Kutcher
- World Heavyweight Championship (14th defense by Louis)
- Photo #2
- There was a crowd of 15,902.
- The gross gate was $57,552.62.
- The Associated Press reported: "He [Louis] took one short step forward and let fly his lethal right. The punch didn't travel more than six inches, but that was enough. It landed right on Dorazio's chin and everyone knew the fight was over. Dorazio fell flat on his face completely senseless. The challenger was 'out' so completely that in his dressing room later he kept mumbling 'they shouldn't have stopped it.' He thought Referee Irving Kutcher had intervened." 
- Gus Dorazio: "I'll beat Louis by bobbing and weaving."
- Joe Louis: "I'll be ready for him. He won't be the first one who tried to bob and weave me out of my title."