Joe Louis vs. Jersey Joe Walcott (1st meeting)
1947-12-05 : Joe Louis 211½ lbs beat Jersey Joe Walcott 194½ lbs by SD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Ruby Goldstein 6-7
- Judge: Frank Forbes 8-6
- Judge: Marty Monroe 9-6
- World Heavyweight Championship (24th defense by Louis)
- Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4, Photo 5
- See also: Joe Louis vs. Jersey Joe Walcott (2nd meeting)
- Louis was a 10 to 1 betting favorite.
- A crowd of 18,194 produced a gate of $216,477.
- Louis was down in rounds one and four.
- Louis was so disgusted by his performance that he attempted to leave the ring as soon as the fight ended, but he was restrained by his handlers.
- A ringside poll of 32 boxing writers had 21 scoring the bout for Walcott, ten scoring it for Louis and one calling it a draw.