Joe Louis vs. Jersey Joe Walcott (2nd meeting)
1948-06-25 : Joe Louis 213½ lbs beat Jersey Joe Walcott 194¾ lbs by KO in round 11 of 15
- Location: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York, USA
- Referee: Frank Fullam 5-2
- Judge: Jack O'Sullivan 4-5
- Judge: Harold Barnes 3-6
- World Heavyweight Championship (25th defense by Louis)
- Photo 1, Photo 2; Photo 3
- Weigh-in Photo
- June 1948 issue of Sportsfolio magazine
- Walcott floored Louis in the third round.
- Louis put Walcott down for the count in round eleven.
- A crowd of 42,667 at Yankee Stadium produced a gate of $841,739.
- Louis' purse was $250,000, and Walcott's was $125,000.
- Louis retired after the fight.