John Mugabi vs. Terry Norris
1990-03-31 : Terry Norris 153¾ lbs beat John Mugabi 154 lbs by KO at 2:47 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Sun Dome, Tampa, Florida, USA
- Referee: Eddie Eckert
- Judge: Ladislao Sanchez
- Judge: Angel Luis Guzman
- Judge: Alberto Perez
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (1st defense by Mugabi)
- Aired on: ABC Wide World of Sports
- Norris was ranked #5 by the WBC at 154 pounds.
- This was the first world title fight staged in Tampa since light heavyweight champion Bob Foster defeated Ray Anderson in 1971.
- Norris wobbled Mugabi with a left hook 45 seconds into the fight. Norris followed up with a series of punches and Mugabi went down. He staggered to his feet and was able to weather Norris' attack for the next minute and a half. As the round neared its end, Norris put Mugabi down for the count with a right to the chin.
- The fight was named The Ring Knockout of the Year.