Johnny Tapia vs. Henry Martinez
1994-10-12 : Johnny Tapia 114½ lbs beat Henry Martinez 115 lbs by TKO at 1:23 in round 11 of 12
- Location: The Pit, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- Referee: Dennis Nelson
- Judge: James Condon 98-92
- Judge: Al Munoz 97-93
- Judge: Tomas Vasquez 97-93
- Tapia asserted his authority in the later rounds, scoring an eight-count knockdown with a right-left combination to the head in round eleven. The referee stopped it immediately after looking Martinez in the face. He had suffered a left eye puff in round ten, as well as a cut under the left eye in round eleven.
- Adding up the blows by rounds given by ESPN, these totals emerge, through round ten: Tapia 349/648 54%; Martinez 265/760 35%.
- It was the first time Martinez went beyond eight rounds.