Jorge Rodrigo Barrios vs. Janos Nagy
2006-05-20 : Jorge Rodrigo Barrios 129 lbs beat Janos Nagy 129¾ lbs by KO at 0:49 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: Raul Caiz Jr
- Judge: Max DeLuca
- Judge: Lou Filippo
- Judge: Levi Martinez
- World Boxing Organization Super Featherweight Title (2nd defense of Barrios)
- Promoter: Richard Schaefer (Golden Boy Promotions)
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing
- Mandatory defense for Jorge Rodrigo Barrios against #1 ranked Janos Nagy, who stepped into this position after defeating Julio Pablo Chacon on December 12, 2004, University Sporthall, Győr, Hungary.
- Nagy's IBC title not at stake.
- Nagy was knocked down by a precise picture-perfect left hook to the body in a delay reaction knockdown approximately 40 seconds into the bout.
- According to Compubox figures, the knockout blow was the second punch that Barrios had landed in the bout.
- Nagy announced his retirement from boxing on September 12, 2006