Jorge Rodrigo Barrios vs. Mike Anchondo
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2005-04-08 : Jorge Rodrigo Barrios 128½ lbs beat Mike Anchondo 134¾ lbs by TKO at 2:00 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Miccosukee Indian Gaming Resort, Miami, Florida, USA
- Referee: Tommy Kimmons
- Judge: Mark Streisand 30-26
- Judge: Peter Trematerra 30-26
- Judge: Rocky Young 30-26
- World Boxing Organization Junior Lightweight Title
- Anchondo lost his WBO Super Featherweight title on the scales by coming in overweight. Thus, the title was at stake for Barrios only.
- Anchondo was down once in the third round from a right to the temple. He went down twice in the fourth, first from a left-right to the head, and then from a left to the liver, with Barrios following with a left to the head while Anchondo was down. The referee took two points for a deliberate foul, but it had no effect, as Anchondo's corner stopped the fight at that moment.