Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Orlando Salido
2011-04-16 : Juan Manuel Lopez 125 lbs lost to Orlando Salido 126 lbs by TKO at 1:30 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez, Bayamon, Puerto Rico
- Referee: Roberto Ramirez Jr.
- Judge: Tom Miller 66-66
- Judge: Lisa Giampa 66-66
- Judge: Jose Roberto Torres 66-66
- WBO featherweight title
- inspector: Miguel A Laureano Correa
- promoters: Bob Arum (Top Rank) / Ivan Rivera (Puerto Rico Best Boxing)
- doctors: Emilio Baez / Carlos Calvo
- matchmaker: Freddy Trinidad
- television: United States Showtime
- Photo #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10
- Lopez was down once in the fifth round.
- Press row scores: Alex Ginebra 66-66, Carlos Gonzalez 66-66, Sergio Machado 67-65 for Lopez.
- The stoppage in the eighth round elicited loud boos from the audience. Referee Roberto Ramirez *Jr. had to be escorted out of the building by security.
In a huge upset, former IBF 126-pound titleholder Orlando Salido (35-11-2, 23 KOs) scored an eighth round TKO over previously unbeaten WBO featherweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez (30-1, 27 KOs) on Saturday night at the Ruben Rodriguez Coliseum in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. After four competitive rounds, Salido floored JuanMa hard at the end of the fifth round. Salido was on the attack in the sixth round, but a the still-hurt Lopez survived. In round seven, JuanMa came back, but after Salido launched an attack in round eight referee Roberto Ramirez Jr. waved it off even though JuanMa was still fighting back. Time was 1:30.