Ken Norton vs. Gerry Cooney
1981-05-11 : Ken Norton 225 lbs lost to Gerry Cooney 225¼ lbs by TKO at 0:54 in round 1 of 10
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Tony Perez
- Judge: Harold Lederman
- Judge: Tony Castellano
- The Ring Magazine's Annual Ratings (1980) had former WBC Heavyweight Champion Ken Norton ranked #10 and Gerry Cooney ranked #2.
- Cooney entered the fight ranked #1 by the WBA and WBC. Norton was ranked #6 by the WBC.
- Norton retired from boxing after this fight with a record of 42-7-1.
- Norton was inducted into the World Boxing Hall of Fame in 1989, the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1992 and the United States Marine Corps Sports Hall of Fame in 2004.
- The 1998 Holiday Issue of The Ring Magazine ranked Norton #22 on the list The 50 Greatest Heavyweights of All-Time.
- The 2003 Ring Yearbook ranked Cooney #53 on the list The 100 Greatest Punchers of All-time.
- Fight Video