Kenny Lane vs. Ralph Dupas (3rd meeting)
1960-01-13 : Kenny Lane 141 lbs lost to Ralph Dupas 144½ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Fort Whiting Armory, Mobile, Alabama, USA
- Referee: Tommy Baker 47-48
- Judge: L C Lyman 43-47
- Judge: Charley Oberkirch 45-47
"Ralph Dupas scored a unanimous decision last night over an old foe, left-hander Kenny Lane, in a nationally televised welterweight bout. Dupas abandoned his usual hit-and-run jabbing attack and fought an aggressive bout. He pounded on the smaller Lane at the opening bell and kept the pressure on the rest of the way. Lane's face was a bloody mess at the finish. Dupas swept the early rounds with a merciless attack. Lane rallied some in the late rounds but couldn't close the gap with his hustling opponent." -Associated Press
- Lane incurred a 2 1/2" cut on the left eyelid that required four stitches to close.
- Attendance - 1,633
- Gate - $8,383
- Purses - Each fighter received a guarantee of $3,000 plus $4,000 each from TV monies.
- Unofficial AP scorecard 47-45 Dupas
Post fight comments
- "The only way to fight a southpaw is to keep right on top of him. This was one fight I wanted to win more than any other in my life. Now I'd like to fight #1 welterweight contender, Luis Rodriguez." -Ralph Dupas
- "It doesn't mean a thing. Kenny's really a lightweight anyway. We're still very interested in a junior welterweight championship fight with Carlos Ortiz and another with Joe Brown, the lightweight champion." -Jack (Doc) Kearns, Lane's manager