From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Name: Kent Green
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Height: 6′ 4″ / 193cm
Boxing Record: click
- Kent Green stopped Cassius Clay in an amateur boxing match. Until the time Muhammad Ali was stopped by Larry Holmes, Green had been the only man (in both the amateurs and pros) that stopped Ali.
- 1957 Feb 26: Cassius Clay Chicago, IL -- LK 2
(Chicago Golden Glove Quarterfinals)
- 1958 won the Chicago Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions at light heavyweight vs. Loomis Oglesby of Kansas City, MO by decision.
- Green retired in 1961 and thanks to the efforts of Muhammad Ali, Green was able to launch a comeback under Ali's good friend, promotor Chris Dundee.
- Green boxed an exhibition with Muhammad Ali in 1975.
- Green and Ali remained friendly for over 20 years.
| Chicago Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions
Light Heavyweight Champion