Kermit Cintron vs. Alfredo Angulo
2009-05-30 : Kermit Cintron 153½ lbs beat Alfredo Angulo 153 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Hollywood, Florida, USA
- Referee: Telis Assimenios
- Judge: Michael Pernick 116-112
- Judge: Mike Ross 116-112
- Judge: Rocky Young 116-112
- Alfredo Angulo 15-0 (12 KOs) vs. Kermit Cintron 30-2-1 (27 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Andre Berto vs. Juan Urango.
- Both fighters' previous bouts were on the February 14th undercard of Nate Campbell vs. Ali Funeka. Angulo scored a 5th Round TKO over Cosme Rivera, while Cintron narrowly earned a draw against Sergio Gabriel Martinez.
- Cintron entered as a 3-1 underdog.
- It was the first fight for Angulo to go beyond 10 rounds.
Cintron used movement and solid jab work to keep Angulo, for the most part, at a distance. In the opening round, Cintron landed at a higher rate and Angulo landed with greater power; connecting with a few solid right hands. In Round 3, however, Cintron began landing the right hand and was evidently the faster of the two fighters. Both fighters were warned in Round 4 for low blows and Cintron landed a right hand midway through the 4th that seemed to hurt Angulo. Too in the 4th, Cintron developed a small cut on his left eyebrow. Angulo came on in Round 5 with added pressure and landed well likely winning the round. Cintron was warned twice in Round 7 for low blows and Angulo fought the second half of the round in the southpaw stance. Cintron began to tire in the latter rounds but remained effective enough to keep Angulo at bay. Angulo was simply unable to land effectively on the faster Cintron. Cintron was warned in Round 12 for holding.
- "Cintron looked very confident. He looked very relaxed and he seemed like an improved fighter mentally and physically and he did what he needed to do and that's box." - Lennox Lewis