New Zealand light heavyweight Kevin Barry was the silver medal winner in the 1984 Olympics. His opponent in the semi-final, Evander Holyfield, had knocked out Barry after the referee called break and was subsequently disqualified. Barry was unable to perfom in the final and the gold medal was awarded to Anton Josipović. Barry never turned professional, but remained active in boxing as a trainer and manager. This Kevin Barry is not to be confused with the Australian heavyweight of the same name.
- Defeated Don Smith (Trinidad and Tobago) 5-0
- Defeated Jonathan Kiriisa (Uganda) 3-2
- Defeated Jean-Paul Nanga (Cameroon) 4-1
- Defeated Evander Holyfield (United States) DQ 2
- Lost to Anton Josipovic (Yugoslavia) walk-over
Trains / Trained: