From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Name: Kid Pancho
Birth Name: Alfonso Flores
Died: 1951-10-15 (Age:46)
Nationality: US American
Hometown: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Boxing Record: click
- Associated Press newspaper report of April 24, 1920, Dateline SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS:
- "Down in Mexico they have a fifteen-year-old boxing marvel named Kid Pancho. He scales 105 and has cleaned up everybody of his weight who has consented to fight him. He used to be a newsboy, but since he became a boxer he has started to school and is earning the money for his education in the ring."
- The 1951-10-16 Harlingen Valley Morning Star reported that Kid Pancho (aged 46, birthname Alfonso Flores) had died the previous Monday in San Antonio, Texas, from heart failure.
- The Oct. 16, 1951 New York Times reported that Pancho was 47-years-old when he died.
- "At his death, he was a surveyor with the city Sewer Department. He was a veteran of the second World War. Surviving are his widow, his mother, three children and a brother."