Kirk Johnson vs. Louis Monaco
1997-07-12 : Kirk Johnson 228 lbs beat Louis Monaco 226 lbs by TKO at 2:58 in round 7 of 10
- Location: Grand Casino, Biloxi, Mississippi, USA
- Referee: Paul Sita
- Judge: Chester Comeaux
- Judge: C.D. Jenkins
- Judge: Robert Williams
- Johnson controlled with his jab and landed often with his hand speed while Monaco tended to only throw single lead right hands.
- Monaco was dropped for a nine count in round 2 by a right-left.
- Monaco was cut near the left eye in round 4.
- Monaco was dropped for a nine count in round 7 by two right hands and a hook. After Monaco rose, the referee stopped the fight at 2:58, deeming him unfit to continue.
- Monaco took the fight on one day's notice, taking the place of Samson Po'uha