Koki Kameda vs. Juan Landaeta (1st meeting)
2006-08-02 : Koki Kameda 108 lbs beat Juan Jose Landaeta 107¾ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Arena, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
- Referee: Stanley Christodoulou
- Judge: Kwang-Soo Kim 115-113
- Judge: Daniel Talon 114-113
- Judge: Gustavo Padilla 112-115
- World Boxing Association Light Flyweight Title (Vacant title)
- Weights: Kameda 108 lbs, Landaeta 107.75 lbs
Kameda won the vacant WBA crown via a hard-fought split decision. The result was controversial however, as the general Japanese public opinion was that Landaeta deserved the decision.  Despite this, there was no shortage of boxing observers that felt Kameda had done enough in the middle rounds to survive Landaeta's late charge and receive the win in a very close affair.  Kameda was knocked down in the first round.
The title had been vacant when the reigning champ, Roberto Vasquez, moved up to Flyweight.