Lamont Peterson vs. John Brown
2007-05-25 : Lamont Peterson 139½ lbs beat John Brown 140½ lbs by TKO at 0:28 in round 8 of 10
- Location: DC Armory, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
- Referee: Kenny Chevalier
- Brown took the fight on two days notice.
- Prior to the fight, Peterson was ranked as the WBA #6 and WBC #19 fighter at 140lbs. (ESPN)
- Peterson landed 101 of 135 body shots. (ESPN)
- Referee Kenny Chevalier stopped the fight 28 seconds into the 8th Round. He actually fell when first attempting to stop the fight, but eventually did get to his feet and call a halt to the one-sided bout.