Larry Holmes vs. Lorenzo Zanon
1980-02-03 : Larry Holmes 213½ lbs beat Lorenzo Zanon 215 lbs by KO at 2:39 in round 6 of 15
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Ray Solis
- Judge: Chuck Minker 49-44
- Judge: Art Lurie 49-45
- Judge: Harold Buck 48-46
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (Holmes defending)
- Holmes was a 10 to 1 favorite.
- Holmes earned $600,000 and Zanon got $125,000.
- Zanon was dropped twice in the fourth round and given a standing eight-count by referee Ray Solis, who apparently didn't know that standing eight-counts weren't allowed in Nevada.
- Holmes knocked Zanon down with a right cross in the sixth round and the referee syopped the fight.