Larry Holmes vs. Scott Frank
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1983-09-10 : Larry Holmes 223 lbs beat Scott Frank 211¼ lbs by TKO at 1:28 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Harrah's Marina Hotel Casino, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Tony Perez
- Judge: Arlen Bynum 40-35
- Judge: Frank Brunette 40-36
- Judge: Harold Lederman 40-36
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (Holmes defending)
- A sold-out crowd of 5,187 paid $580,000 to see the fight.
- The fight was held in a tent erected adjacent to Harrah's Marina.
- The fight was televised live on NBC.
- Holmes made $1.5 million, while Frank got $350,000.