Lars Olof Norling
Name: Lars Olof Norling
Alias: Lasse Norling
Birthplace: Traryd, Sweden
Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden
Height: 6′ 3½″ / 192cm
Boxing Record: click
- Amateur record: 125 fights.
- Swedish Champion 1956 (beginners champion) 1957 (Junior) 1959-1960-1961
- Silver medal Swedish Championship 1958; lost to Lennart Risberg in finals.
- Scandinavian Champion 1959
- In the 1960 Rome Olympic Games, Norling lost to Tony Madigan of Australia on points.
- In the 1959 European Championships, he lost to silver medalist Gheorghe Negra of Rumania.
- After his pro career Norling found work as a carpenter in Universal Studios in Hollywood, building props for western TV series. (He also worked four years for the TV series "Murder She Wrote.") In a 1999 interview, Norling estimated that he had a total of 53 or 54 pro fights, winning 42. He had unlisted fights in towns like Bakersfield, calif., and Spokane, Wash.
- He married a Norwegian girl in the late 1960s and even spent a few years in Norway working as a carpenter.
- Best fighter he sparred with in his career: Eddie Cotton.
- Received $6,000 for his first fight, against Manuel Ramos.